Vacancy announcement for Midwives
The Midwife reports to the Project coordinator/manager, is responsible for planning, coordinating, facilitating and Providing RMNCAH services and humanitarian activities program in the region. S/he also conduct and coordinate different surveys on the efficiency and effectiveness of the mentorship programs and its impact at the grass root level. S/he conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the health extension workers activities in the community level and share findings of best practices for documentation
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide preconception care for couples wishing to become pregnant
• Provide antenatal care follow up and care for pregnant women
• Deliver care for laboring mothers, attend delivery, provide postpartum and immediate newborn care
• Manage complications associated with antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum period for women and newborns
• Provide prevention, care and treatment of diseases for newborns and under five children
• Identify, provide care and treatment of gynecologic problems
• Provide comprehensive family planning counselling and services
• Provide sexual and reproductive health services to youth and adolescent
• Initiate and provide minimum initial service package for reproductive health
• Provide screening of GBV among women and provide clinical services
• Deliver care and psychological support for girls and women who are victims of gender based violence
• Collaborate with the health facility management to improve service delivery outcome
• Timely plan and request reproductive health kits to ensure smooth service delivery
• Manage reproductive health kits supplied to the health facility
• Mentor other health professionals in the health facility to use the reproductive health kits
• Conduct community health education and mobilization to increase demand for service utilization
• Mentor health extension workers to deliver health extension packages and reproductive health services in humanitarian setting
• Strengthening early referrals mechanism for all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses.
• Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or Woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
• Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Health facility.
• Train and support health workers (HWs) and health extension workers (HEWs) on how to provide quality maternal and child health services.
• Train, mentor and support community-based volunteer where applicable, health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
• Document and share best practices to the health facility
• Prepare and compile Weekly, monthly and quarterly activity reports and submit to the health facility management and coordinator
• Prepare weekly and monthly indicators report for the assigned service areas.
• Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by immediate coordinator.
• 22 Amhara Region
• 10 Afar Region
• BSc in Midwifery and above with BSc midwifery background
Additional Experience and training (advantageous):
• Experience in clinical practice and working as a Midwife Mentor
• Having basic BEmONC, FP, CAC, PMTCT, MISP, GBV/CMRS, PSS
• Having BEmONC TOT or Basic BEmONC training with facilitation skills trainings
Competencies/ Technical skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Good planning and prioritizing skills;
• Demonstrable professionalism;
• Program Management and team leader skills
• Problem solving skills and flexibility
• Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with staffs and partners; being a strong team player.
Competencies/ Personal attributes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work in stressful environment, and stay in the project areas for a given period of time
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
• Willingness to star work immediately
• Ability to communicate effectively both spoken & written in English and Amharic
• Having additional regional working language skill
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
• I/NGO experience
• Having Mentorship ID, BEmONC, FP, PMTCT, CAC, MISP, CMRS, PSS, etc. training is more advantageous
• Clearance from previous working organization
• Ethiopian Midwives association member
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this https://emwa.org.et/appl/ or in person to Ethiopian Midwives Association’s on Regional Chapter President and Head Office located on Equatorial Guinea Street, Haya Hulet, behind Elsa Kolo or behind Meklit Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Please attached your CV and Application letter in one page PDF indicating your full name. Applications should include contact details of three professional references.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees and other training certificates with your application, except the above listed. You will provide them upon request.
APPLICATION START ON: 06-December -2022
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 19-December -2022
How to apply 👇
3 thoughts on “Ethiopian midwives association vacancy announcement”
Form bahir dar university
Mizan tepi unversity
Yohannes Getaneh Wubet Gondar Unversety Midwifery : CGPA :3.03 Phon No : 0923540092