Girum General Hospital vacancy announcencement
Girum General Hospital vacanc announcement for the following positions.
1. Laboratory Technologist
2. Laboratory Section Head
Position 1: Laboratory Technologist
Required Quantity: 2-3
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives specimens from wards, phlebotomy room or obtains specimens directly from patient
- Aliquot specimens properly as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology with professional renewed license as Medical Laboratory Technologist approved by Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia
Minimum of 2-3 working experience in a similar role
Position 2: Laboratory Section Head
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Technologist
Job Type: Permanent
Under overall supervision of Laboratory Manager and direct supervision of Laboratory Supervisor, employee performs a wide range of procedures in all general areas of the laboratory including chemistry, serology, parasitology, microbiology procedure and related.
Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing:
- Receives specimens from wards, phlebotomy room or obtains specimens directly from patient.
- Process specimens including receiving, sorting, accessioning and storing.
- Follows established procedures when processing specimens for analysis.
- Aliquot specimens properly as needed.
- Store specimens in proper place and temperature; discard specimens that exceed retention time.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste.
- Provide instructions for proper specimen collection to patients (AFB, UA)
- Notifies laboratory supervisor of significant problems related to specimen or test orders.
- Performs a variety of laboratory tests in accordance with established procedure for diagnosis and treatment of patient.
- Prepares reagents properly, minimizes wastes, and considers cost-effectiveness in the use of supplies.
- Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of problems occurring during the test performance that would affect patient test results.
Test Result Reporting:
- Verifies patient reports produced within laboratory are accurate and timely.
- Ensure all critical results have been called and documented by workstations.
- Record results in the log book.
Instrument Related Responsibility:
- Ensures proper functioning of instruments before release of patient results.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of equipment as scheduled and documented.
- Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of instrument malfunction.
Purchasing and Inventory control:
- Participates in the inventory control program to ensure appropriate levels of supplies within the department.
- Utilizes all supplies and equipment in an appropriate and cost effective, efficient manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology with professional renewed license as Medical Laboratory Technologist approved by Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia.
Work Experience: 5 years’ relevant experience
Required Competencies and Knowledge:
Certified in Quality training is preferable
How to apply:
Submit your CV along with your application letter and renewed professional license via email: email@example.com
Note: Please mention the specific position you are applying for on the subject line of your email
Candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered. Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy detail Girum hospital